- A trade credit insurance industry outlook
- How public and private credit insurance supports global economies and trade
- Risk appetite, claims, payouts: how to make trade credit work for everyone, everywhere
- Outlook, innovation and sustainability in trade credit insurance
- Expert perspective: banks & lenders, insurtechs, associations, and ECAs
The GTR Leaders in Trade awards highlight excellence in the trade, commodity, supply chain and export finance, and fintech markets, recognising pioneering institutions and top performers from around the world. Congratulations to the winners and nominees in the following categories:
- Best trade credit and political risk
insurance underwriter: Shortlisted nominees: Chubb, HDI Global Specialty, The Hartford. Winner: Chubb.
GTR reported that Chubb experienced a "record year" in 2021, achieving growth of over 20% in each of its five global hubs. "Chubb made no changes to its commitment to non-cancellable policies or limits during 2021, and did not participate in any government support scheme, instead focusing on providing one-to-one service and working in partnership with its clients. It describes this strategic decision as a "key differentiator", and this award recognises the company's vital role in providing a lifeline to businesses during unprecedented disruption to trade flows."
- Best trade credit insurance broker: Shortlisted nominees: Aon, BPL Global, Marsh, WTW. Winner: WTW
- Best political risk insurance broker: Shortlisted nominees: BPL Global, Marsh, WTW. Winner: BPL Global.
Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Client Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve;
Working as part of a multi skilled broking team and under instruction of the Marlow Branch Director to support Aon’s clients as well as ownership of own client portfolio.
Interacting with Clients, Insurers and colleagues on day to day policy management including:
- Handling credit limit process (assisting with applications, follow up, providing feedback to client and appeals)
- Supporting clients on reporting of overdue buyer and liaising with insurers
- Assisting with claims submissions and claims’ broking process
- Negotiation of policy wording with insurers and ensuring timely delivery of accurate policy documentation
- Providing clients with training and guidance on policy terms and conditions and systems
- Gathering and analysing policy and market data, producing reports and presentations
This will include gathering and analysing relative statistical detail, submissions to market, chasing insurers for indications of cover, presenting terms and preparation of renewal reports.
Preparation for and attendance of, client and insurer meetings and conference calls plus timely follow up meeting notes and actions. The Client Manager role will be providing advice to clients on market developments and share knowledge of market trends to enhance the overall value proposition.
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Experience of credit insurance, credit management or related sector would be of advantage
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office and IT systems
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- Team player
- Ability to handle significant workflow through efficient time management and organisation
- Ability to use IT systems to efficiently to deliver client service
- Self-motivated and willing to use own initiative
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise
- Integrity and working in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
To apply for this position please go to https://jobs.aon.com/jobs/54904?lang=en-us&previousLocale=en-US.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
ATI is seeking to recruit for the below positions:
- Senior Underwriter (Re-Advertisement)
- Underwriter (Re-Advertisement)
- RLSF Coordinator (Re-Advertisement)
- Bi-Lingual RLSF Underwriter (Re-Advertisement)
- RLSF Underwriter(Re-Advertisement)
The above positions will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role descriptions and fuller details of the duties are hyperlinked on each of the roles on ATI’s website www.ati-aca.org.
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications and attributes as indicated in the job description for each position. All applications must be in English.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
- 1. Application Letter
- CV, plus details of your current remuneration package if applicable along with details of three referees
- Personal History Form
The closing date is Friday, 30 September 2022 at Midnight Nairobi time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
The role will be ‘hybrid’ based in Cardiff or Reading, with some requirement to travel to other locations. You will be responsible for supporting colleagues managing a portfolio of clients and prospects with shared accountability for retention of clients and supporting and broking new business.
- Supporting the UK Trade Credit Team in all aspects of work understanding the clients’ business needs
- Support colleague’s business development activity, assisting in marketing, and placement
- Supporting Brokers in client account administration with the goal to retain and develop a profitable portfolio of accounts, including day to day care of clients’ programme in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting with financial reporting, budgeting, and account set up (including billing and income allocations)
- Documentation production and review
- Capturing and loading market data on WTW systems
- Assisting brokers with placement queries
- Maintain knowledge of relevant products and services offered by WTW
- Ensure transparency of agency and other commitments made to carriers and clients
- Supporting UK Trade Credit Team deliver optimisation of revenue from new and existing clients
- Educated to A Level or Degree level (or equivalent) or with relevant insurance experience (or similar)
- Confident and articulate with commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, good administrative efficiency and IT skills (Microsoft Office 365)
- Excellent communication (written & oral) negotiation and influence skills & interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and time management
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where lateral thinking, initiative, self-motivation, problem solving, and decision-making skills are crucial
- Ability to represent the practice and WTW with integrity and credibility
- Interested in pursuing industry qualifications as part of ongoing development- E.g. CII and/or CICM
- Full specialist training to be provided with encouragement and opportunity to expand and grow the role
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
WTW is an equal opportunity employer.
- Largest Specialist Broker of Trade Credit Insurance & Solutions in New Zealand
- Attractive salary and no ceiling on commissions
- Great culture, dynamic, client service focussed team
For over 35 years NCI has been Australia and New Zealand's leading provider of trade credit solutions. With a national footprint and branches extending to the Asia Pacific region, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic and innovative environment. NCI is owned and backed by Steadfast Group Ltd, an ASX top 100 company with a market cap of $4.6 billion.
NCI offer a range of benefits that include:
- Company car or car allowance, laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible work from home policy
- 4 Leisure leave days a year, in addition to annual leave
- Paid volunteer leave
Reporting to the Managing Director NZ, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business through networking, relationship building and cold calling as well as cross-selling our range of products. We will provide you with training and a group of lead generators to help you on your way.
You will be accountable for delivering results against set targets. We are offering a competitive remuneration package with a generous commission structure.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced new business hunter who has a proven track record of establishing new business through cold calling networking and relationship building.
If you like to hunt and close, this is the role for you. You must have a passion for sales, be persuasive and disciplined to achieve results.
Ideally, you will have a Level 5 Certificate in Financial Services or be prepared to attain this.
Successful sales executives have come from industries such as banking, real estate, door-to-door sales and finance.
If you are motivated by opportunity and want a great place to work then call us today.
If you would like further information about the role, please call Gina on 0800 442 556.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Zara Mends at Zara.Mends@ncinz.co.nz.
We will rely on you to:
- Provide daily service to our larger clients in the Major Account segment and assist Client Executives with conducting and concluding the renewal process;
- Administer any action logs, ensuring tasks are actioned in a timely fashion, monitored and followed to their completion;
- Manage credit limit requirements for our clients via the various insurer on-line portals and by speaking/negotiating directly with the insurers;
- Provide our clients with support and guidance to ensure they adhere to their policy terms and conditions, e.g. reporting overdue invoices, making claims on time, etc.
- Carry out client meetings to provide client service, conduct renewals and/or assist the Client Executives, producing minutes and managing any resulting action points;
- Prepare pre-renewal submission data, renewal reports & invoicing, conduct renewals where required;
- Assist Development Executives on New Business cases as required & actively build relationships across Marsh and with other departments.
- B2B Client Relationship experience;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to perform well under pressure & using own initiative;
- Previous knowledge and experience of Credit Insurance would be ideal but is not essential;
- A basic knowledge of insurance and or finance would be advantageous.
- Excellent performance in a B2B Client Relationship role;
- Previous knowledge and experience of Credit Insurance, insurance or finance.
- To join an experienced and successful existing team.
- To contribute to the team’s performance in providing the highest levels of service; helping retain clients and growing our client book of business.
- The opportunity to work with and add value to high profile clients across a number of industry sectors.
- The opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and career via ongoing training and development within a large multinational business.
- To complete an initial induction process, combining formal training and on–the-job experience & support to ensure you can deliver all of the above.
- Competitive Benefits Package including:
27 days annual leave, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
Generous Family Leave including 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.
Trade Credit Insurance week is a week of celebration of Trade Credit Insurance sector. With this event, ICISA aims at increasing awareness of the valuable economic role of TCI industry. Experts in the sector agreed to join our initiative and share their views on issues faced by the industry nowadays.
The event will take place between 26 – 30 September 2022. A total of 9 virtual sessions will be organized during the week, featuring debates, interviews, webinars and presentations.
To participate in this first Trade Credit Insurance Week event, please click here to register for each session you'd like to join. After registration, a confirmation email will be received from Livestorm. A reminder will follow an hour before each session.
- Public Perception of Trade Credit Insurance: “The Umbrella that Doesn’t Open”
- Why Financial Institutions use Credit Insurance - Challenges, Changes and Opportunities
- The Changing Nature of Trade
- Current Trends and Evolution in TCI Market
- Development of US Credit Insurance Market
- Attracting and Retaining Talent
- State-of-the-art Technology in Insurance Industry
- What Role can TCI Play in Building a more Sustainable Future
- Understanding the Evolving Sanctions Landscape
ICISA is happy to be working with Trade Finance Global on the promotion of the Trade Credit Insurance Week.
For more information go to https://icisa.org/event/trade-credit-insurance-week-2022/.
The SCHUMANN Conference is the cross-industry and multinational online event for decision-makers and executives around credit risk management, compliance, and digitalisation projects.
On 27 September 2022, you can expect expert knowledge, how-to strategies from our customers and inspiration to help you increase your competitiveness through process automation.
- via live stream
- 27 September 2022
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CEST)
- The conference is aimed at decision-makers and executives in charge of credit risk management, compliance, business development and digitalisation.
- Industries: Manufacturing and trade, energy, financial services, credit & surety, etc.
- Participation is free of charge
The classroom training courses are scheduled to take place in September 2022 on the following dates:
- 27 & 28 September 2022: Trade Credit Insurance Foundation Course
- 29 & 30 September 2022: Trade Credit Insurance Advanced Course
- 27 & 28 September 2022: Surety Foundation Course
- 29 & 30 September 2022: Surety Advanced Course
The courses are hosted by seasoned experts from the industry and there is ample opportunity for posing questions, discussions and networking.
Also there is the possibility to arrange an inhouse training: then there will be created a tailor made outline for your staff on basis the training demand of your of your company. The training will be effected at your own offices or at a venue of choice.
Detailed information about the webinar and classroom training courses is available on the Stecis’ website: www.stecis.org also further information can be obtained by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All news stories on Credit Insurance News' website are included with the prior permission of the copyright holder. Reproduction or redistribution in whole or in part, in any manner, without the express prior written consent of the copyright holder, is a violation of copyright law. If you, or your organisation wish to redistribute, republish or link-to all or any part of any Credit Insurance News Digest, you must first contact the copyright holder direct or email email@example.com for further information.